We are looking for a Research & Development (R&D) Director
Who we are
Synres is a growing company in the Coating Resins Industry, and part of the Coim Group. The Production location in Hoek van Holland produces a full range of solvent-borne alkyd, acrylic, olyester, thixotropic resins and additives. The Synres R&D and Paint Application laboratory, located in Zwolle, is an enabler for Synres to grow the business, support customers and work on market-driven innovations. Synres has a vacancy for an experienced Research and Development Director. The R&D Director is part of the Management Team of Synres, and responsible for the Research and Development Department and Regulatory Affairs. The R&D Director reports to the Managing Director.
Location: Mix of home-based, Hoek van Holland, Zwolle, traveling to COIM Italy (R&D), customers and suppliers.
Manage and develop the Synres R&D Team. Manage Regulatory Affairs within Synres, in co-operation with Coim Regulatory Department. To develop and expand the Synres business and product portfolio, also in close cooperation with businesses within the Coim Group. Identifying opportunities for new and existing products. Providing technical knowledge and support for the Synres organization.
Dimensions of the job responsibility
Employees: R&D Chemists, experts in syntheses, Coating Application or Production Laboratory (current team consists of 7 members).
Customers : Direct involvement with customers.
Production organization: Involvement in support, training, SHE compliance.
Products : Job holder must be able to develop detailed knowledge of all the products and product families of Synres.
- SHE (Safety, Health, Environment) Responsibilities:
* Take responsibility for SHE performance of the Department.
Follow the Synres SHE policy and adhere to the SHE rules outlined in the manuals.
* Report and communicate all SHE related matters.
* Be a leader in SHE culture.
- ISO and related quality compliance of responsible departments.
Jobholder is a recognized (by the Industry and our organization) technical leader in the Coatings market. Is aware of the on-going competitive activity in designated segments, by maintaining a network in the Industry. Will support Synres personnel in technical matters, represents technical and chemical knowhow within the organization.
- Initiate growth in Synres by solving immediate problems and identifying new applications either by direct customer visits, trade exhibitions, or writing and presenting technical papers.
- Plan, control and execute product development and application projects designed to meet specific customer or market needs.
- Identify opportunities for new products and technologies for Synres by working with identified key accounts and make recommendations to assist in the selection and prioritizing of development projects.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate market and laboratory activities for specific new product and formulation developments for designated segments to ensure that the new product reaches the market in the agreed time window.
- Train, motivate, update and help personnel and customers in the use of all Synres products so that they approach customers with confidence and achieve sales target. Contribute to the development of the annual budget in value and profit terms.
Job holder is required to demonstrate personal responsibility to meet quality standards. Job holder is leading and supporting Synres’ s LEAN-based transformation process toward a continuous improving organization.
Ability to ask the right questions to identify the needs of internal and external customers. Ability to give lectures at international events like customer meetings, community meetings or related events. Brings or generates a relevant network of contacts in the Industry.
At least 10 years of experience in Coating Resins or Coating Industry and a proven track record of leading a technical organization.
- Excellent communicative skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Customer focus.
Knowledge & Education
- Master University level in chemistry, chemical technology or related science. Alternatively equal performance level based on relevant experience.
- Fluent in at least two European languages – Dutch, English, German, Italian, French.
- Extensive knowledge of Resin and Paint formulating.
- Extensive knowledge of raw materials for the Coatings Industry.
What do we offer?
A challenging, independent position with a lot of freedom yet connected to serious responsibilities. An interesting, ambitious environment with high energy levels and a firm belief and dedication to continue the double-digit growth in the upcoming years. The position offers an attractive package with a market competitive salary.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and CV per e-mail to Mrs M. Reiling, HR Manager at email@example.com.