We are looking of a R&D Chemist (fulltime)
Established in 1947, Synres (SYNthetic RESins) has grown to become an industry leader in excellence, quality, reliability and customer service. Focused initially on the production of alkyds, through time Synres build a complete portfolio of products.
In 1970, Synres became part of DSM. Since 2015, the Synres tradition of excellence continues under the stewardship of Standard Investment, the successful Amsterdam based private equity firm.
The R&D Department of Synres is building a growing portfolio of products and technologies. To further support business growth, we have a vacancy for a Research & Development Chemist.
Purpose of the position:
- Participates and leads in R&D projects.
- Develops new technologie and products.
- Uses and applies existing or new specialist knowledge and develops and integrate new technical concepts into development projects.
- Contributes to the generation of new expertise and concepts.
- Monitors literature and patents in the field of expertise.
- Executes the agreed research projects, evaluate them and report on results.
- Judges on results and recommends on way forward or change priorities.
- Applies methods and techniques, which require the use of judgment in selecting alternative and maintains quality by establishing and enforcing organizational standards.
- Upscaling of developed recipes from laboratory scale to production scale.
- Guidance of production site in implementing new products.
- Advising on hardware needed to enable the full scale plant production of new products.
The Synres R&D Department has its base in Zwolle, the Netherlands. There is a cooperation with the local R&D department, analytical laboratory and site services. The production plant and head office is based in Hoek van Holland. Reports to the R&D Director.
Make specialist knowledge available and integrate, apply and develop it in an expertise or technology area or sub-area in order to resolve problems in projects and developments. Generates innovations and new concepts and contributes to knowledge build-up in the area of expertise, and shares this knowledge.
Education, experience and competences:
- University degree in Chemistry, or equivalent functioning level
- State of the art experience with radical polymerization and/ or polycondensation reaction
- Experience with syntheses of resins for the Coating Industry
- Experience with Coating Industry Requirements
- Highly motivated
- Result orientated
- Good social and communication skills
- Good conceptual capabilities
- Communicate in Dutch and English
- Planning and organizing
What are we offering?:
- A challenging position, with the possibility to have a leading position in new product
- An interesting, ambitious environment with high energy levels.
- The position offers an attractive package with a market competitive salary and bonus system.
- You work in a small experienced team with specialists, located at our Laboratory in Zwolle.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and CV per email to Ms R. Esak, HR Officer at email@example.com..